WYNDHAM DISTRICT COMMUNITY POOL INC
MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION & SWIMMING POOL RULES
Queries to Carlyn Stewart (Secretary) 03 206 4373, firstname.lastname@example.org
The operation of Wyndham Community Pool out of school hours is under the control of Wyndham District Community Pool Inc. The following rules are to ensure that the pool is used sensibly and enjoyed by all.
The adult signing the agreement is deemed to be a member of Wyndham District Community Pool Inc. This membership entitles the member to hold a pool entry tag, attend Society meetings and contribute to the community operation of the pool. The member will be held responsible for the actions of any people to whom they grant admittance and any abuse of these rules will be followed up and may lead to individual(s) being banned from the complex and/or forfeiture of membership and entry tag. If this occurs there will be no refund of any fees already paid.
MEMBERSHIP TO THE POOL
- Community members may apply for a Society subscription in person at Menzies College Office, Lee’s Dairy, or by contacting Carlyn Stewart. A pool entry tag will be issued on receipt of the appropriate payment. All prices include a $15 bond, refundable when the tag is returned.
Full season $95
If you still have your key $80
Holiday (17 Dec – 27 Jan) $55
(this can be extended to the end of the season for a further $20)
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age to subscribe for a membership.
- This is a family membership, i.e. your household only. Joint membership between two or more households is not permitted.
- Members should be aware that the electronic door system monitors the usage of each entry tag. Should a tag be lost then the member should immediately contact Carlyn Stewart to have that tag deactivated and to discuss issue of a new tag. A loss of entry tag during the season will incur an additional cost of $25 to replace and set up the tag.
- Members have the option to keep their entry tag for each consecutive season (tags are deactivated at the end of the season and reactivated at the start of the next season once payment for a new membership subscription has been made.)
- Members wishing to return their entry tag should contact Carlyn Stewart to have the bond repayment made.
- Wyndham District Community Pool Inc. members are welcome to invite guests for a swim but are held responsible for ensuring these guests and other users under their membership comply with the rules below and those of the Society.
- The member is also charged with the responsibility or ensuring and providing proper and safe supervision of all swimmers under their membership as per these rules:
- All children under 15 years of age must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or more.
- Swimmers aged 15 years and over may swim without supervision but must be with at least one other person.
- ALL POOL DOORS MUST BE KEPT CLOSED. It is an offence under the Fencing of Swimming Pools Act 1987 to have doors open.
- Pool users should not allow in any uninvited swimmers. If you do then how they behave and what they do will be your responsibility and you will be liable for any damage or accidents.
- By law smoking is not permitted anywhere within the pool complex or within the school grounds.
- Alcohol is not permitted within the pool complex or the school grounds unless by permission of the Menzies College Board of Trustees.
- Food should not be consumed within the pool complex.
- Abusive or obscene language or behaviour (including vandalism) may result in the offender being banned from the complex and/or school grounds and membership may be suspended and/or revoked.
- WALK AT ALL TIMES within the pool complex.
- Dive only into water that is at a safe depth and free of any other swimmers.
- The pool cover and roller frames are not for climbing on.
- Swimmers are to be considerate of other pool users at all times, particularly lane users, when using pool toys, and where young children are involved.
- No kayaks, boogie boards or surfboards during public sessions
- All swimmers must be appropriately dressed for swimming; non toilet trained babies and toddlers are to wear approved waterproof swimmer nappies.
- Swimming is only permitted within the open hours of the pool.
- You must not swim if, during the past fortnight, you have had any diarrhoea (to avoid the spread of disease).
- Any faecal accident should be notified immediately to one of the contacts on the following page and the Pool cleared and closed until further notice.
- Any accidents or damage should be reported to the Society Secretary.
- Wyndham District Community Pool Inc. reserves the right to suspend or revoke membership should these rules not be complied with.
The pool will be open from 17th October 2018 to 14th April 2019. The pool is only operational due to volunteers that assist with the running of it. Therefore should no volunteer be available on certain days then the pool may be locked.
Swimmers must exit the complex by the closing time.
SCHOOL TERM TIME
Monday to Friday
Before School 6.30 am to 8.00 am
(No swimming during school hours except by arrangement)
After School 3.30 pm to 8.00 pm
Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays
8.00 am to 8.00 pm
Monday to Friday 7.00 am to 8.00 pm
Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays 8.00 am to 8.00 pm
END OF SEASON Monday 25th March on
Monday to Friday 6.30 am to 8.00 am and 3.30 pm to 7.00 pm
Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays 8.00 am to 7.00 pm
POOL WILL BE CLOSED ON
Wednesday 3.30 – 5.00 during term time for Kayak Club
Pool area restricted for Swimming Lessons Thursday’s during term time
Occasionally the pool may be closed for a community or private function
This will be notified on the Pool face book page and on the door
Should you have a problem please contact one of the people below:
Wyndham District Community Pool Inc.
Chair Cathy Chapman 0212549244
Treasurer Mel Geary 206 4923
Secretary Carlyn Stewart 206 4373
Menzies College Office 206 4979
Wyndham Police 206 2160 or Emergency 111
Find us on facebook for up to date news and events